The order on issuing petrol only to the vehicle is being removed immediately. Hon. Minister of Petroleum Resources Development Arjuna Ranatunga stated that they decided to remove the circular because they have sufficient stock of fuel for now. Even though daily requirement of fuel is 2500 MT, Ceylon Petroleum Corporation had issue 2623 MT, 3000 MT in yesterday and today respectively. CPC is planning to distribute 3000 MT in . Expected shipment will be arriving here . As stated by Hon. Minister Arjuna Ranatunga they decided to remove the ban and allowing to issue petrol not only to the vehicles, but to the plastic cans and bottles.
Minister of Petroleum Resources Development hon. Arjuna Ranatunga stated that they pay more attention to use trains to distribute Oil Island wide. He further stressed out that distribution of oil by Trains will be cheaper than distribution through Fuel truck and they are taking steps to make Provincial Fuel storage terminals extend. Minister added that they have planned to make extend Kandy- Peradeniya Fuel storage terminal as their first step. Minister made this review during his inspection visit to Central Province provincial branch of Ceylon Petroleum Corporation (CPC) in Peradeniya.
During his inspection visit Minister discussed the issues faced by workers and he stated they are already omitted the unnecessary expenses of CPC.
“It will be more profitable to transport oil by trains to Kandy. I took over this institution to make profits to CPC during the development process. On the other hand, it’s difficult for CPC to make profits because it’s giving more relief to customers. First of all, we should try to reduce the loss. We already reduced the expenditure of CPC which doesn’t effect to the privileges of workers. Even I was functioning as Minister of port and shipping I operated this principle. We would be able to make 11 Billion as profits during 2 years by omitting unnecessary expenses when we were in the Ministry of Ports. We understood the reality that is unnecessary expenses were made by superiors, but not by the workers. We have omitted unnecessary expenses from the Minister and Chairman. Once again I assure not to reduce the privileges giving to workers. Workers should be responsible and dedicate to save this institution” Minister added further.
Ministry of Petroleum Resources Development
Petroleum Resources Development Secretariat
Post of Director General of Petroleum Resources Development Secretariat (Contract Basis)
The Government of Sri Lanka is looking for a dynamic, experienced Sri Lankan Citizen to be appointed as Director General of Petroleum Resources who will head the Petroleum Resources Development Secretariat, Sri Lanka.
Job Description :
Director General of Petroleum Resources Development Secretariat will be required:
- To be responsible for all technical, financial, legal and management aspects concerning petroleum exploration and exploitation;
- To liaise with international oil companies in negotiating Production Sharing Contracts and other related matters;
- To team up with international Petroleum Resources Development Experts in mapping out petroleum resources exploration programmes, bidding documents and evaluation procedures, field development and operations;
- To work out procedures and programmes to ensure highest possible value from petroleum resources to the economy through sound management and protection of the environment.
The applicant should;
- Have a Degree in Physical Science or Engineering from a recognized University with specialization (either professionally or through postgraduate qualification) in at least one of the following fields:
Drilling & Production Engineering
- Have 15 years or more experience in oil exploration activities, preferably with international exposure, including a minimum of 05 years experience in offshore operations.
- Be computer literate in operating Application Software related to office and project management.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Have qualifications and/or experience in Administration and Project Management at a senior level. Experience in international negotiations will be an added advantage.
- Be below 60 years of age as at 01st September 2017
Terms & Conditions:
- Fixed term contract for 03 years with the possibility of extension based on performance.
- Salary: Negotiable and commensurate with experience.
- A vehicle including driver will be provided with a fixed monthly fuel allowance.
Method of Selection:
Short listed candidates only will be invited for an interview.
Applicants already in service in Government Institutions in Sri Lanka should forward their applications through the respective Heads of Institutions.
Ministry of Petroleum Resources Development
80, Sir Ernest de Silva Mawatha
Colombo – 07
Hon.Minister Arjuna Ranathunga is expecting to introduce “Piya-Puthu Padanama” for employment in CPC. He made this remarks while taking part in the annual programme of offering scholarships for the students of employees of CPC, which was held in the Auditorium of Ministry of Petroleum Resources Development, today. He offered 17 scholarships for the students who are to be enrolled in Universities for the year of 2016-2017. “Being a good citizen is the best gift which children are able to give for their parents” Minister said.
“Proficient students can only be able to enroll in to universities. On the other hand, you should be fortunate. Apart from that, there are students who are spending around 7 or 8 years in the universities. You should achieve your rights by following fixed procedures, but you shouldn’t allow others to control yourselves. If you do so, you’ll be empty handed when you leave the university. We need educated children. We will be able to give opportunities for higher studies in CPC. As a father, I’m satisfied because of my children. You can give that satisfaction for your parents, too. When you come to decision making, if you begin from your parents you’ll never follow the wrong path” Minister further added.
Since 1982, CPC has been held this scholarship pragramme which reward Rs.5000 for each scholarship holder per mensum. Secretary Mr. Upali Marasinghe said that he’s grateful to CPC administration for organizing this programme for welfare of CPC workers. “This is a meritorious deed. We had to face difficulties when we were learning, which with assistance of others it made us relieved. Creation of a country depends on the behavior of people. Even though Malaysia, Singapore, Korea have achieved a huge victory now, those were poor countries then. People were behind this huge victory. They built human lives while building physical resources. We are capable of doing this. We require people who work without any consideration of time” Secretary added further. Honourable guests including Chairman of Ceylon Petroleum Corporation Mr. Dammika Ranathunga took part in this function.
Newly appointed Secretary to the Ministry of Petroleum Resource Development Mr. Upali Marasinghe assumed duties recently at the ministry in the presence of Hon. Minister Arjuna Ranatunghe.
Deputy Minister Anoma Gamage was also present on this occasion.
Mr. Marasinghe, a Lawyer of Supreme Court is a science graduate of the University of Kelaniya. He also holds a MA from the University of Sri Jayawardanepura.
He has held many positions in several ministries including educations and plantation. He also has written many research based books on productivity.